Main content of the website

  • font size: A
  • A
  • A

Claim your homeowner grant (EHOG)

B.C.’s Homeowner Grant Centralization

Eligible residential property owners can now claim their 2022 homeowner grant with the Province.

As soon as you receive your property tax notice, you can apply for property tax deferment.

Remember - B.C. municipalities no longer accept applications.

How to apply?

Homeowner grant:

  • Apply online at
  • Apply 24/7 using a voice recognition self-serve application: Toll-free at 1 888 355-2700, option 3
  • Or to speak with an agent, call toll-free at 1-888-355-2700, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, excluding statutory holidays
  • You will need your Social Insurance Number and tax notice

Property tax deferment:

Applying online is quicker and secure.