WASTE COLLECTION TRANSITION
Hope Transfer Station is now OPEN to the public
- Debit and Credit Card only for the time being; no cash.
- Commercial users can pick up a credit application at the Transfer Station if they wish to set up an account with Valley Waste.
- Hours of operation are Tuesday to Saturday 8:30am - 4:00pm
The District of Hope is transitioning to a new solid waste service contractor. Due to circumstances, this transition will begin immediately and unfortunately may result in some service interruptions. The District is working hard to take steps to address any shortfalls for residential and commercial waste collection customers.
Residential waste/recycle/yard waste:
- Ensure everything is curbside by 7:00am on your respective pickup day.
- If your collection has not happened by 7pm on your respective day, please remove it back from the curb and put it out the next day.
Commercial: bins have been distributed to most commercial customers, however more bins have been ordered for garbage and recycling and should be arriving soon.
- Commercial Bin Collection: will happen on Tuesday/Friday
- Bag pickup for both garbage and recycling: will happen on Monday/Wednesday/Friday
Commercial customers are encouraged to use the recycling and garbage bins that have been set up at the Art Gallery parking lot (349 Fort Street). Please arrange to have your garbage and recyle stored in a secure place at your premise in-between pickups.
Note to ALL customers: The Mattress Recycling Facility located at 1046 4th Avenue is now accepting recyclables; they are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 4:30pm.
The District apologizes for any inconvenience this sudden transition may cause and ask for your patience as we complete this process. Your patience is appreciated.