The District of Hope Volunteer Fire Department is looking for community minded, motivated men and women for Paid-On-Call Volunteer positions in firefighting. If you're 18 years of age or older, in good physical condition and live in the community full time then this may be for you.
What do you need to be a Paid-On-Call Volunteer Firefighter?
- Compassion: First and foremost we deal with helping people. Firefighters must be honest, caring, reliable individuals with a desire to help others.
- Commitment: Emergencies happen 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Firefighters are expected to respond to emergencies whenever available.
- Time: Firefighters are required to attend a minimum two-three hour practice session once weekly, and to attend emergency page outs whenever available. Being a paid-on-call firefighter also means participating in special community events.
- Good Health: Firefighting is a strenuous job, both mentally and physically.
- Police Record Check: Applicants will be subject to an RCMP Criminal Records and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Drivers License: Class 5 or better.
- Applicants will be asked for a Drivers Abstract.
- March 06, 2020 - Application deadline
- April, 2020- Notifications
- April 16, 2020 - Training begins
- April 24-26, 2020 - Recruit "Boot Camp"
CLICK HERE for an application.
Please submit completed applications to the District of Hope Municipal Hall, 325 Wallace Street or email to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 06, 2020.