Recycling and Garbage
Recycling and Garbage Collection
Recycling and Garbage collection for the District of Hope is provided by First Class Waste Services.
Curbside pickup occurs in Hope on:
- Tuesday for all residents in the areas of Silver Creek, the Airport, Tom Berry Road, Kawkawa Lake, Othello, Union Bar, Thacker Mountain and all streets south and east of the Canadian National Railway line running through town, and
- Wednesday for all residents in the downtown core north and west of the Canadian National Railway line running through town and all addresses over the Fraser Bridge past Lake of the Woods.
All materials are to be at the curb by 7:00 am.
- Garbage: 2-standard garbage bags or containers not exceeding 20 kgs each
- Multi-Recycle: Unlimited multi-recycle in identified containers and/or blue bags
- Green Waste: 5-32 Gallon standard garbage containers or biodegradable paper bags (approved for organic materials) max. weight 20 kgs each. Green waste is not to be bagged in plastic.
- Additional "bag tags" for garbage are available for $2.63, place on bag or edge of container lid to be removed by the driver and are available for purchase at the District of Hope Municipal Hall.
- Green Waste and Recyling decals for containers are also available, for free, at the District Hall.
First Class Waste Services also operates the District's Transfer Station located at 22970 Trans Canada Highway.
The current hours of operation are as follows:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday – 8:30 – 5:00
Wednesday – 8:30-5:00
Thursday – 8:30 – 5:00
Friday - Closed
Saturday – 8:30-5:00
Sunday - Closed
Also closed on Statutory Holidays.
Current Disposal Fees:
• Refuse-$115.00/1,000 Kg
• Unsorted Loads-$175.00/1,000 Kg
• Compostable Waste (de-bagged)-$75.00/1,000 Kg
• Compostable Waste (not de-bagged)-$175.00/1,000 Kg
• Yard Waste (trees, stumps, branches & brush only)-$75.00/1,000 Kg
• Clean Construction Wood Waste-$100.00/1,000 Kg
• Drywall/Gypsum Board-$145.00/1000 Kg
• Tires (No Rims) maximum 20 inch-$20.00/tire
• Mattresses, Box Springs-$20.00 each
• Minimum Fee for all waste categories-$10.00
Outside of Hope or Electoral Areas A, B, C & D
a surcharge is applicable
Failing to comply with instructions of scale attendant, and/or dumping when prohibited
Gently used clothing can also be dropped off at the Transfer Station. Used clothing collected at the Transfer Station and Landfill is donated to the Canadian Diabetes Association (CDA). Go to CDA donation program for more information.
For more information, please contact the Transfer Station at 604-869-9065 or First Class Waste Services at 604-860-8800