Capital Works 2017
The District of Hope is investing in significant capital infrastructure upgrades for 2017, scheduled to commence in August. These upgrades are selected based on condition assessments, immediate need and alignment with the District’s Asset Management Investment Plan (AMIP). The AMIP brings together long term costs and timing for the systematic renewal of Hope’s infrastructure.
Planned upgrades for 2017 include;
- Re-paving of 6th Ave between Old Hope Princeton Way and Thacker Ave
- Replacement of approximately 30m of stormwater pipe adjacent to the Curling Rink
- Re-paving of Coquihalla St. between Water Ave. and 6th Ave.
- Reconstruction and upgrades to Rupert St. between Yale Ave. and Wardle Ave.
- Re-paving of 650 square meters of Othello Road immediately east of Nestle Waters
- Multiple patch repairs to Flood Hope Road, west of the HWY 1 overpass
- Replacement of various concrete curb and sidewalk sections as well as the addition of new sidewalk to accommodate bus stop locations associated with the advent of transit service commencing this fall
- Cured-in-place pipe lining of a section of the main pipe that conveys sewage from the community to the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Various upgrades to mechanical and electrical components at the Kaw Road Sewage Pump Station in East Kawkawa Lake
Optional work (depending on available budget) includes the re-paving of Kawkawa Lake Road between Swallow Place and Lakeview Crescent. It is the intent that a robust paving program continue in the years to come in a focused effort to improve the overall condition of the District's road network.
For more information and updates on associated traffic disruptions, please follow the District of Hope on our Facebook page or here on our website.